- Master's of Art Degree in Art Studio, and Bachelor's of Fine Arts Degree in Painting, State University of New York, at New Paltz, New York
- Graphic Artist - 1980-1985 - United States Military Academy, West Point, NY
- Faculty Member - 1997 to 2000 - Barrett Art Center, Poughkeepsie, NY - Conducting plein air landscape workshops
- Demonstrating Artist - Invited by art groups & associations to conduct oil painting demonstrations
- Plein Air Magazine's OutdoorPainter TODAY Oct 2012 online magazine featured a photo of one of my paintings from the Irondeqoit Inn 2012 retreat in the Adirondacks. View the article at: NYPAP Retreat
- PleinAi Magazine June-July 2012 “Extreme Painting” section - Article about her painting adventure in the Adirondack Park of Upstate New York in February.
- American Artist Magazine Editor-in-Chief Stephen Doherty describes and quotes Marilyn's painting style and strategy in his Oct. 2007 article "Taking Advantage of Plein Air Events."
- Illustrations included in several publications, including color illustrations for textbook written by C. Lavett Smith, Curator of the American Museum of Natural History, New York City and illustrations published by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Illustrations for Ecological Analysts, Inc. Middletown, NY
Visiting Artist/Art Projects:
- 2012 Irondequoit Inn Artist of the Year, painting on the Irondequoit Inn Retreat's 600 acres of protected lands overlooking Piseco Lake in the Southern Adirondacks with an art show of her plein air paintings from June through September.
- Saratoga National Historical Park, Saratoga, NY "Viewshed Art Project" - an invitational art project featuring landscapes painted near Saratoga Battlefield in 2008-2009 to heighten public awareness of historic and nationally significant lands. Paintings will be on display at several venues from 2009-2010.
- Invited by Dutchess Land Conservancy, Millbrook, New York for a one-year project of painting their lands to raise funds to preserve and protect these irreplaceable natural and wildlife resources (2000 to 2001)
- Selected by the Weir Farm Heritage Trust in Wilton, Connecticut to be their 1993-1994 Visiting Artist. This National Historical Site was the home of American Impressionist Painter, J. Alden Weir. At the Farm, continued in the Weir tradition of painting landscapes on location, giving painting demonstrations, and landscape painting classes.
- McKinsey & Company Global Management Consulting Firm
- New York State Office of Parks Recreation and Historic Preservation, Schoharie Crossing Historic Site
- The Rhodes Associates, 5th Avenue, NYC
- The Rhinebeck Savings Bank, Poughkeepsie, NY
- The New York State Department of Education - pen & ink illustrations
- Alumni Association, State University of New York at New Paltz, NY
- Bullis Hall, Bangall, NY
- Father McTie Memorial Collection, Mt. St. Mary College, Newburgh, NY
- Private Collections in the USA & Europe
- New York Plein Air Painters - Past Chairman. Signature Member http://www.nypleinairpainters.com
- The Adirondack Mountain School Painters, Charter Member
- International Plein Air Painters - Signature Member http://www.i-p-a-p.com
- Founder and Leader of the Mohawk Valley Region Plein Air Painters, a Chapter of NYPAP
- Oil Painters of America - Associate Member http://www.oilpaintersofamerica.com
- Mount Saint Mary College Artists on Campus Art Committee Member